Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Paulas Choice and Pocketderm To the Rescue?

So now that I have (at least temporarily~knock wood) overcome the dreaded perioccular dermatitis, I am left with skin that looks older, feels less elastic, and looks dull. I have lines that are no longer fine. I feel like I look my age for the first time in my life. So, I google the hell outta skin issues. I, either by the grace of god or google (Paula Begoun's web designers are geniuses who have saturated the PC website with sensitive skin keywords which result in a lot of filtered traffic) found Paulas Choice. If you haven't checked out the site, it might be worth your while to do so now. You can pick a broad range of skin topics and get tailor made suggestions just for you. It's a mid range line, money wise, but the products are all tested rigorously and proven to be gentle and ph balanced. Plus (and this is my favorite part!) you get free samples with each order. YAY! 

Also, your first order is $10 off using this link:  https://goo.gl/7Q3OwP

I got a trial size of retinol (see below) for $5 plus 3 free samples and free shipping with my code!!! Everything they sell has a money back guarantee. I haven't had to use that service yet as their products work with my skin. A+ to that!
Onto those products now... So, I decided to bite the bullet and begin a retinol treatment. After much research, I decided to try Paulas Choice 1% retinol. I got the trial size:












This is my face after 3 weeks of sporadic use. 

I began by applying this once every three nights. At first it peeled like a mofo. That sucked but such is beauty. So, I began to add in a drop of Argan oil to dilute and found that I was no longer peeling! So, then I ramped it up to every other night and am now (in my third week) able to use it every night. I am almost out of my trial size and planned to order the full size (it's a great retinol for a great price) when I heard about Pocketderm. Pocketderm? Well, I'm still new to it, but I will tell you what I have learned so far. Pocketderm is a consortium of practicing dermatologists who joined together to make prescription dermalogical treatments available (by mail) to the masses. Basically, you send in a photo of your face, write a description of the problem including whether you are seeking treatment for acne or aging and they formulate a remedy just for you. Trenitoin can be expensive, especially without insurance...not to mention the doctor's visit....And if you need a prescription, they can write you one of those too (skin related of course :/). So, for all that specialized treatment, you pay $49.95 every 3 months. Again, I like to try things on for size before I buy them so was psyched to see that you can get a one month free trial with a handy dandy referral link (once you create your own account you can send your friends and family links too!!) 
here's my link: https://goo.gl/7Q3OwP
Enjoy! 

Mine hasn't come yet but it should arrive by the time I am out of my PC 1% retinol so It will be nice to compare the two. Here are the unflattering shots I sent to Pocketderm and the response they sent me.



















From Pocketderm;  
Great to meet you, and happy to be partnering with you in keeping your skin looking young! As you know, the most important factor is sun protection - check out our blog post: http://blog.pocketderm.com/three-photos-that-will-convince-you-wear-sunscreen After reviewing your photos and the information you provided, I have prescribed a customized medication that is meant to be applied once daily before going to bed. The medication contains: – tretinoin 0.012% – vitamin C (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) 5% – niacinamide 4% Given your history, this is a gentle strength of tretinoin that should allow your skin to adjust gradually without much irritation. We may increase the strength in the future depending on how your skin does. If direct application of your PocketDerm formulation after evening cleansing is too irritating or drying, try applying your moisturizer first. Feel free to use more moisturizer should you feel too dry. (And FYI, I know several dermatologists who use their tretinoin topical medications only a couple times a week or so and maintain this frequency long-term.) In the short term you're most likely to see improvements with skin texture, and for many people, partial fading of sun-induced dark spots. After months of use, many people notice softening of fine lines. We'll email you when your medication has shipped. You will receive a reminder to check back with me before your next shipment, but I would always be happy to hear from you sooner. Please let me know if you have any questions! Best Regards, Charlene Kakimoto, MD PocketDerm 

 Will update when it comes and good luck if you try it. Next up AHAs and BHAs

1 comment:

  1. Never give up in life they all said there is no cure for HIV VIRUS, which is a big lie I have passed through many processes. Also, I never believed there is really a cure to HIV/AIDS until I met Dr. James. The doctor that have been helping people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for HIV permanent cure online I found out about Dr. James, and to my greatest surprise Dr. James has the herbal medicine for HIV cure which I have been looking for years I explained my problems to him through the email I found on someone who testified about Dr.James herbal mix write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.James instructed me, I was very happy after 21 days I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I went for a test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy after all i have been through.you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com And He also has herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; Nephrotic Syndrome, eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, ALS, Autism,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV infections,Hives,shingles,blistering, ulcer,Painful or Irregular Menstruation. HIV/Aids. Diabetics. Vaginal Infections. Vaginal Discharge. Itching Of the Private Part. Breast Infection. Discharge from Breast. Breast Pain & Itching. Lower Abdominal Pain. No Periods or Periods Suddenly Stop. Women Sexual Problems. High Blood Pressure Chronic Disease. Pain during Sex inside the Pelvis. Pain during Urination. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, (PID). Dripping Of Sperm from the Vagina As Well As for Low sperm count. Parkinson disease. Lupus. Cancer. Tuberculosis. Zero sperm count. Asthma. Quick Ejaculation. Gallstone, Premature Ejaculation. Herpes. Joint Pain. Stroke. Weak Erection. Erysipelas, Typhoid, Discharge from Penis. HPV. Hepatitis A and B. STD. Staphylococcus + Gonorrhea + Syphilis. Heart Disease. Pile-Hemorrhoid.rheumatism, thyroid, Waist & Back Pain.Perioral dermatitis, Male Infertility and Female Infertility. Etc. Take Action Now. contact him & Order for your Natural Herbal Medicine: and email him
    Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete